My fellow building Technology Integrator and myself recently presented our favorite interactive websites to our faculty. We presented these to both our building staff, and then we were honored to share the list with the entire district-wide faculty. Our district has recently installed Epson Brightlink Interactive Projectors in the Elementary classrooms and the Junior High classrooms. We have found that many of of staff are uncomfortable with the new technology and have become overwhelmed some of our trainings on IWB software, such as ActivInspire. We compiled this list of our favorite interactive websites to provide teachers with a list of resources that they can go to for ready-made activities to use with their IWBs or on student computers.
So without further delay, I present to you my list of Top Ten Interactive Websites to Use with your IWB:
10. Internet4Classrooms Skill Builders: Provides links to educational games on the internet.
9. Read Write Think: Offers interactives for K-12 in reading and language arts.
8. TeacherLED: Offers interactive learning activities for math and problem solving. Lot’s of advertisements, so be careful you don’t click on them.
7. Topmarks: This is a UK based website that offers activities for your IWB in all subject areas. Instead of grade bands the break things down into Key Stage 1, 2, 3 and 4. Be careful not to click on the advertisements.
6. Share My Lesson: This website is the US affiliate of a UK based site Think Educate Share. Provides resources in all subject areas K-12. Requires log in.When searching for IWB resources choose “Interactive” under Format.
5. Sheppard’s Software: Interactive learning games for all subject areas for Pre-K- 12th and beyond!
4. Illuminations: Great math activities created by the National Council for Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM).
3. National Virtual Library of Manipulatives: This website provides virtual math manipulatives.
2. Scholastic Interactive Whiteboard Activities: Offers activities compatible with all IWBs in Language Arts, Social Studies, Science and Math.
1. Discovery Education- Interactives: If your school has a Discovery Education account you can refine your search result to show students interactives, that are perfect for your IWB.
I hope you will find a useful website among those on this list! What are your favorite websites to use with the IWB in your classroom?