Blog A Month Challenge
I was recently invited to participate in the Blog A Month Challenge by Tricia Shelton in her blog post. I think this will be a fun way to expand my PLN, and connect with other bloggers! Thanks for nominating me Tricia! Now that I have been nominated I will pass the torch and nominate another 11 bloggers! I am choosing to nominate 11 people that I recently connected with on Twitter, who happen to teach 1st grade like me!
How it Works
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
- Follow #blogamonth and support participating bloggers!
11 Random Facts About Myself
1. I have been teaching for 8 years.
2. I have taught 3rd Grade, Pre Kindergarten, 4th Grade and I currently teach 1st Grade (I like it best!)
3. I am certified in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education and Instructional Technology Specialist.
4. My favorite color is pink.
5. I have studied dance my entire life, and I minored in dance in college. I will be teaching dance as part of our after school program starting next month!
6. I cheered in high school, and I have been coaching cheerleading for 8 years!
7. I have an adorable poodle named Heartbreaker.
8. I keep my Christmas tree up past Valentine’s Day. (It’s Pink!)
9. I love yoga, sewing, baking and being crafty.
10. My boyfriend and I went to church as part of our first date.
11. I lived in Florida for 2 years, when I first started teaching!
1. Describe something that “moves” you.
My students like to make me bracelets, necklaces, tiaras etc. They write cute little messages like “You’re the best teacher ever”, and it always warms my heart!
2. Name a critical practice for an educator.
Collaboration! You can learn so much from others!
3. If you could visit any place in the world–where would it be?
I have always wanted to go to Morocco!
4. What is something new you learned today?
I have been learning how to make QR Code Scavenger Hunts, because that is what I am doing for an upcoming lesson! Look for me to blog about it soon!
5. What is the title and author of the best book you read in 2013? (or a few if there are ties :D)
The Daily 5 by Gail Boushey and Joan Moser I have really enjoyed incorporating the Daily 5 into my reading block! Look out for a blog post on how I incorporate technology into the Daily 5 coming soon!
6. What is your favorite Twitter chat?
#edtechchat and #1stchat
7. What new skill do you want to learn this year?
I want to learn how to crochet!
8. Describe a class experience with your students that really lifted you.
When I reflect on the 1st half of the school my favorite memory is making our Ants Go Marching Music Video!
9. What is something most people do not know about you?
I lived in a park for the first few years of my life, and I am surprisingly outdoorsy for a girly girl!
10. Aside from the basics (food, water, shelter etc..) what is one thing you could not do without?
11. Why do you blog? (or want to)
I wanted to challenge myself to create weekly cross-curricular technology projects in my classroom.
My 11 nominations (in no particular order!)
1. Grwoing Apples http://grwoingapples.blogspot.com/ by Leka DeGroot
2. The Teacher Geek http://theteachergeek.com/ by Nancy Barlow @TheTeacherGeek
3. First with Franklin http://firstwithfranklin.blogspot.com/ by Erin Franklin @erinmfranklin
4. The Sensible Savy Teacher http://thesensiblysavyteacher.blogspot.com/ by Valerie Ruckes @valruckes
6. The Road Traveled http://faigemeller.wordpress.com/ by Faige Mellwer
7.First and Furious http://firstandfurious.weebly.com/ by Andrew Fenstermaker
8. First One Foot Then the Other http://www.firstonefootthentheother.blogspot.com/ by Wanda Brown @firstonefoot
9. Life in 1st Grade http://lifein1stgr.blogspot.com/ by AG, @grunesie
10. A Teacher’s Planner http://teachersplanner.blogspot.com/ by Sra. Barahona @Sra_Barahona
11. Learning in Progress http://heatherowilson.blogspot.com/ by Heather Wilson @heatherOwilson
My 11 Questions for my Nominated Bloggers
1. Do you do the Daily 5 in your classroom?
2. How do you use technology in your classroom?
3. What types of technology do you have available in your classroom?
4. Why do you blog?
5. What is favorite twitter chat?
6. What subject do you like teaching best, and why?
7. What is your favorite classroom management tip?
8. How many years have you been teaching?
9. What is your favorite educational website?
10. What is your favorite educational app?
11. What is your favorite social media website?